I’ve made a few recipes recently which have turned out quite well, they involve some great ingredients & are so simple to make so I thought I’d share them here.
I love this tea as ginger & turmeric are such good anti-inflammatory ingredients & great for the immune system, plus I personally find it hard to work turmeric into my meals so this is going to be a new regular recipe for me =)
Links to papers regarding the benefits of turmeric are posted at the bottom of this page
Turmeric Tea- 1 serving
Add approx 200/250ml plant based or regular milk to a saucepan
Add half a teaspoon of turmeric, the same for ground ginger (cinnamon optional) & then 1 teaspoon of maple/honey or whichever sweetener you like
Gently heat this mix until warm, pour into a mug & enjoy!
You can add other spices/herbs depending on your preference e.g. cinnamon, nutmeg etc
|Banana nut butter oatmeal cookies!|
- Mash 2 medium ripe bananas together in a bowl
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of runny nut butter (I prefer almond but others are great too)
- Stir in approx 140g oats until the mix begins to stick together then form into cookie shapes
- Place onto non stick baking paper
- Bake at 120°C for approx 30 mins depending on how soft you like your cookies
The addition of a small teaspoon of cacao powder would give this recipe a nice chocolate taste for the chocoholics out there!