With everyone being in lock down atm, most of us are missing our meet ups with friends or family and having a catch-up over a cup of tea and sweet treat. As some people are making their own baked goods and then having a virtual tea party over Zoom and are also looking for healthier snacks while they work from home I decided to put together this mix of healthier tea party & snack options
Why not up your snack game to make it a bit healthier using nourishing ingredients and expand your recipe repertoire.
- Healthier, wholemeal scones, these are two of my own recipes which have gone down a storm with my family
Orange, dark choc & strawberry
- Peanut butter hummus (for people with more of a savoury palate) from @eatnourishlove
This would also be a great dip for apple slices
- Vegan flourless earl grey biscuits from Healthy & Psyched
These biscuits are made with ground almonds and have a creamy cashew based frosting
- Spiced fruit & nut biscotti-normally i make these around Christmas time but they’re great all year round and you can adapt the fruit and flavour to suit your tastes
- Sneaky veg blog has some great veg/fruit based bakes, these fruit based, refined sugar free flapjacks are an easy afternoon treat to whip up
- Another great option which is also vegan from sneaky veg blog are these blueberry banana muffins
I’d recommend using half wholemeal flour as suggested in the recipe in order to get more fibre in there!
- Power hungry Camilla’s almond sponge cake which uses ground almonds and starch to make it means it’s flourless but also gluten free and would go so well with some fresh Summer strawberries and a dusting of baobab powder if you have it
- I love these easy wholefoods oat based cookies from Amy’s healthy baking, you could also sub half the raisins for dark choc chips and I would recommend if you have it that you could sub some flour for flavoured pea protein to balance out the macros a little more and then reduce the maple slightly.